JOIN OUR 15 WEEK MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
JANUARY 8TH - APRIL 23RD, 2017
For 200 hour graduates looking for hands on, one on one training that is individualized and practical. Mentees will gain invaluable time in the classroom assisting their mentors, observing how group classes work, and managing the classroom setting. Through personal attention, study and practice, the mentee will step into the role of the teacher with confidence and teach 3 donation-based community classes on the Love schedule.
Kyle Miller and Sian Gordon
1. How to teach pranayama, both as it’s own practice and woven into an asana practice
2. How to safely and confidently give hands-on adjustments
3. Developing your voice as a teacher
4. Creating your goals as a teacher and finding your niche.
5. How to sequence and develop a class, through many lenses
6. How to teach and practice meditation
7. Discussion of yoga philosophy
Commencement Meeting, Sunday January 8th th 1-3pm. Location Love Yoga Venice.
14 weeks total with 2 weeks off, to be decided with mentor.
Acceptance into program pending interview with Kyle and Sian.
Attend welcome meeting Sunday January 9 to commence program
Attend Abbie’s Katonah Workshop Date tbd as well as 3 other workshops/events at Love
Assist teacher in class 1x/week
Observe teacher’s class 1x/week
Take class at Love 2x/week (mentor's class 1x)
Meet with mentor 2x/month for discussion/ practice teaching/ and to go over written assignments. This precious time is cornerstone of the program and will allow the mentee and mentor to grow and work together.
Complete weekly written homework assignments
Teach 3 community classes at LOVE attended by mentor and receive feedback
Submit Written Final: 1 page paper on what yoga means to you.
( $500 deposit due at sign up, $1500 balance due by Dec. 1 )